About this Job
This is a terrific opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced, team-oriented organization and make an immediate impact.
The Software Applications Engineer position is the basis for all functional roles in the company, including project engineering/management, software development, and sales and marketing. The Software Applications Engineer collaborates with all functional groups including engineering, product development, quality, technical support, and sales and marketing.
This position requires working directly with customers to help them install, configure and use Informetric software. The responsibilities include determining application requirements and overseeing the deployment of software and database systems to satisfy the requirements. Activity can include data acquisition configuration, database query design and optimization, report development, project documentation, user training and technical support.
This position provides the opportunity to develop technical knowledge and skills within a thriving industry. Informetric provides a team atmosphere in a flexible work environment. We’re looking for an energetic, team player that can begin contributing to the growing demands of our business.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years relevant experience in software technology or engineering
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science or technical field
- Must be able to present himself/herself in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to understand, prepare, and communicate technical information to a wide range of audiences
- Willingness to travel at least 30% (including International)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with process automation systems such as Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell, Honeywell, ABB and Siemens
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Experience in GMP industries
- Familiarity with a structured programming language (C++, C#, Java, etc.)
- Familiarity with Web technologies, XML, XSL, HTML, CSS, SQL
- Determine and document customer requirements
- Integrate Informetric software with customer manufacturing and business systems
- Install and configure new or existing customers’ systems
- Provide technical support to existing customers
- Maintain existing software
- Test, validate, and release software
- Visit customer sites
- Conduct product training for users and partners
- Assist the sales team at industry trade show and conference events
- Support the sales team as a technical adviser
- Contribute to team effort by working toward common goals
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com